Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sisters

I come from a family of all girls. I've been blessed with two sisters who I'm sure I've devalued at times in my life, but who now I appreciate very much. One lives far away in Colorado, the other closer, but she's about to move. And we're about to move, so I guess that's a moot point.

As the girls get older I find myself reminiscing more and more about when we were little. Little things like the way they help each other, or tell on each other, or try to fix a problem that will get them both in trouble before I find out are daily reminders of my childhood.

I've said before that I'm very happy with their age difference and that's not just talk. Alison got a whole year with Emily before she started school. She was already quite a person herself when Emily was born, so she was really quite helpful. As Emily's getting bigger, I love watching how they care for each other and assert their personalities.

Yesterday we went to the Zoologico de Chapultepec in Mexico City and they were all about the adventure. I was really pleased that I got to snap this photo:

Sisters

It makes my heart smile to know that as we embark on this great adventure, they will not be alone -- they'll always have each other.

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's adorable! Are you enjoying Mexico?