Sunday, December 31, 2006

100 things

1. I love God.
2. I love my husband, Wayne.
3. I love my girls, Alison & Emily.
4. My dog’s name is Brewski. He’s the 2nd dog I’ve ever owned. The 1st’s name was Watson.
5. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with an emphasis on Film – translation, I’m no fun at movies.
6. I completed a minor in English – I love to read.
7. My husband decorated my fish tank to look like Grecian ruins.
8. Our wedding anniversary is December 15th.
9. If you get married near Christmas, people will give you ‘Our First Christmas’ ornaments like they’re going out of style. I know from personal experience.
10.I share my birthday with Anne Frank.
11. I am a member of the Spanish Honorary Society.
12. I’m secretly competitive.
13. I’ve been to every state on the Eastern seaboard.
14. I’ve traveled to Canada and Haiti.
15. My husband consistently kicks my ass at Scrabble and I’m a poor loser.
16. My first memory is of my Gram – I remember her reading to me and then I remember everyone leaving for her funeral.
17. I named my oldest daughter after my college roommate.
18. Wayne proposed to me at Indian River Lagoon after a kayaking trip.
19. I picked out my own engagement ring.
20. I love fireworks.
21. My whole life I dreamed of having little blue-eyed children and swore I would never marry a guy with brown eyes – Wayne has brown eyes.
22. I visit gofugyourself.com on a daily basis.
23. I can play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the piano and nothing else.
24. I’ve met Ricky Martin.
25. I worked for MTV for three weeks.
26. I’ve been on TRL.
27. I had one detention in my whole academic career.
28. I love Justin Timberlake.
29. Although the original will always be the best, I watch every manifestation of CSI.
30. In college I was an avid fan of South Park and Dawson’s Creek.
31. My guest bathroom is painted Daredevil Red.
32. I can’t knit just one thing at a time.
33. My bridal bouquet is on display in my living room
34. I learned to cross-stitch when I was 10 from my mom.
35. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite.
36. I love the color combination of pinks with greens.
37. I once drove the same stretch of I-75 over and over for 3 hours for a friend’s film shoot.
38. I interned for the Weekly Planet in Tampa.
39. On my 21st birthday my first legally purchased drink was a Frambois.
40. I used to own a turtle named Mitchell, after a book I loved as a child called ‘Mitchell is Moving’ about a dinosaur that moves from one house to another.
41. I went to the Everglades on my honeymoon.
42. My first camera was made by Fisher Price.
43. I saw ‘Field of Dreams’ in the theaters.
44. I believe babies should be dressed like people, not like they live at a slumber party.
45. When I was in high school I would tease my mom for dressing me in corduroys and Mary Janes, that ended in college when I started dressing myself in them.
46. I wore overalls 3 out of 5 days in college.
47. My friends have the pictures to prove it.
48. I bit my tongue badly the day before Halloween in 2nd grade and couldn’t eat any candy at our class party the next day.
49. I remember where I was when the Challenger blew up.
50. The first thing I ever knit was a scarf for Wayne. It’s awful.
51. I own three copies of ‘Catcher in the Rye’, but I’m not a serial killer.
52. I was a vegetarian for 5 years.
53. One of my most cherished gifts is a painted stick from my friend Andria.
54. I own 3 Nintendo gaming systems – N64, GameBoy, and a Super Nintendo. I like old school games.
55. I was voted Class Flirt my senior year of high school.
56. I wore elbow length gloves to Prom.
57. My prom was at the Renaissance Hotel at Sea World.
58. I’m carrying on my mom’s family’s tradition of Christmas pajamas with my kids. Alison thinks it’s great.
59. In college, I made an experimental film about my Dad that he’s never seen – I’ve never been able to format it for his viewing.
60. When I was 4, I carved my name into a wooden rocking chair with a wire hanger and tried to blame it on my sister.
61. My sister Aileen and I are frequently referred to as ‘the girls’.
62. I’ve only lived alone for 6 months of my life.
63. All of the furniture in my house was given to us.
64. I love gin and tonics, with lots of lime.
65. I know how to play a mean game of Texas Hold ‘Em.
66. I’m thrilled that Care Bears and My Little Pony are popular again so I can buy them for my girls.
67. Wonder Woman is my hero.
68. I had Wonder Woman underwear when I was 3, they were a reward for getting potty trained.
69. I found a place online where I can get adult Wonder Woman underwear but haven’t had the guts to order them.
70. I visit the library once a week with Alison.
71. I once slept almost the whole way from Orlando to Portland, Maine.
72. I failed my driving test the first time.
73. My dad took me to 7-11 for a Slurpee to make me feel better.
74. I love Splenda.
75. In high school, I taught 2nd graders Spanish as part of my Spanish 4 class, it was really rewarding.
76. My favorite poet is Wallace Stevens.
77. I won’t read the latest book in a series if the next book isn’t out yet. I’ll wait, so there’s always one more I could read.
78. I’ve read everything that Stephen King has published.
79. Even the stuff under his nom-de-plume, Richard Bachman.
80. I drive a Ford Expedition that guzzles gas.
81. My first car was given to me, it was a 1986 Mazda 626 with no paint.
82. The first hurricane I went through was Hurricane Gloria in New Jersey.
83. My favorite sweater is a turquoise-striped sweater from GAP.
84. I love Old Navy and can spend a mint there when there’s a good sale.
85. I love Johnny Depp and Gwenyth Paltrow and will see anything they’re in.
86. I enjoyed ‘Lady in the Water’
87. I can’t get enough of LOST.
88. The Amazing Race is the best reality show ever.
89. I saw the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra perform the 1812 Overture when I was in 4th grade.
90. I lost my wedding and engagement rings, well Alison did, and Wayne replaced them for me last year on our anniversary.
91. I ship virtually everything via Priority Mail.
92. I’m diabetic.
93. I’m right-handed.
94. I’ve considered trying to write a children’s book.
95. Wayne and my ‘song’ is ‘Everlong’ by the Foo Fighters.
96. I like to sing loudly in the car, whether I’m on-key or not. It’s starting to rub off on Alison.
97. I used to work at a Market Research firm, I put together focus groups.
98. I love a good pedicure.
99. I can be bribed with chocolate, preferably dark chocolate.
100. I am excellent at memorizing phone numbers.

No comments: