Thursday, June 14, 2007

Birthday 2, the Saga Continues

Saturday the mailman brought me this delicious number from xsbaggage & co. You may notice that it matches my checkbook cover, this is not a mistake, this is incredible love of damask print. A love so incredible that I am considering this couch (in the Hovby print) for our new house. Back on topic, this was a gift from my friend Carlin in Boston, but I didn't know it until Tuesday when she called, over the weekend I just considered it the Mystery Gift and kept wondering if I'd actually ordered it for myself.



Wayne got me two dozen roses, and as he accurately reported, I have never received two dozen roses before. They're beautiful. He also got the girls up before he left for work and they all sang me happy birthday. It was very sweet.



Nicole totally rocked it out and not only came to drink fruity drinks with me on Sunday night, but also bought me fruity drinks - one bottle of the highly coveted, can never find it at my ghetto liquor store, Frambois. And when I'm nice and liquored up, I get to read the hilarious entertaining advice of the incomparable Amy Sedaris in I Like You. I have loved Amy's humor since Exit 57 and whether your a diehard or new fan, I highly recommend this book.



My parents hooked me up with Lost, the complete second season and my Mom was freaking out 'cause I still don't have Season 1 and she couldn't find it anywhere and why would I want Season 2 without Season 1 . . . well, I've already seen them so it's not a big deal Mom. Aaahh. :)



And Mr. Wickett, my pretend 2nd husband of R2D2 hat fame, completely oudid himself by getting me this:



Not sure what it is, follow this link.
Now take a deep breath while I tell you how crazy much this bag costs retail.
$1450.00!!!!!
But Nick knows a woman who works at the LV store at our high end mall and they worked something out - I keep imagining he gave her a dolphin - and when she returns from NYC later this week I'll have a bag that costs more than my laptop that I'll be terrified to wear. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I know a lady named Carlin down here in Atlanta and she's a knitter too! In fact, she taught me to knit. I never realized there could be more than one Carlin in this world. Cool!
--Amyrica

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful birthday. : )

Anonymous said...

I could not, for the life of me, remember which of my ladies loves Frambois. Not pertintent daily info to have, necessarily, but I like to keep tabs on such things. Now I know.

Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Miss Tonia said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I may just put a little extra something in your box, that I will be mailing out this weekend. And I should have plenty of time to get to the post office, as I took Friday and Monday off for my birthday, which is Saturday. So, start watching the mail next week.

Btw, love the handbag. I am so jealous!