Friday, December 07, 2007

Holiday cheer

We're still moving. It is apparently an unending process. And while I trooped through NaBloPoMo, when it was over I have to admit, I needed a blog-break.

Good news:
*We got a REAL Christmas tree this year! I'll save that story for another post.

*I put lights up on the house! Wayne does not hang Christmas lights, but I love them and for that reason braved the 4-foot ladder to get some up.

*At my last drs. appt. I found out I've lost 45lbs (!!) in the last few months!! I kind of wanted to cry. It made me feel really good about taking our family Christmas picture the next night. :)

*Ali got in to a PreK that is bunches closer to the new house. AND she's taking it really well. AND she's taking changing dance schools really well too. I've got one great kid.

Speaking of kids, we stayed up past the girl's bedtimes tonight to go see Santa. Our new little city has been doing a Santa Run for the last few nights. The fire department toted Santa and Mrs. Claus, throwing candy, around on a trailer behind a fire truck through the residential areas. The city sent out maps so you'd know when they'd be near your house. We were at church went they went by here, so instead we caught him at City Hall tonight at the end of his route. I think the girls liked him. :)

IMG_3183

IMG_3178 IMG_3179

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Moving takes so long, doesn't it?

Looks like a great time with Santa! : )