Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One down . . .

I finished up Boyfriend Jaywalker #1 the other night. I've cast on the second one, but half-heartedly. To be candid, I haven't even cast on all the stitches.

I tried to take some time to work on the Hemlock Ring Baby Blanket, but the pattern is giving me a headache - is this considered lacework?? There are SO many directions and the amount of stitches in each pattern repeat keeps changing - this may just be me though. I think I may give up on it and make the baby something else. I've got two balls of CotLin, any suggestions?

Wayne has been asked about a hundred times in the last week if his tattoos are real. :) The colors are really bright and do look a little fake.

And in disappointing news: Wayne and I were going to compete in the Muddy Buddy in May, but registration filled up before we were able to sign up. See, we're going on a rock climbing date this weekend and we were using the date as a test of teamwork to make sure we could make it through the 'Buddy. I'm bummed out that we waited too long.

The race season in sunny, hot Florida is pretty dormant after May, so we'll have to wait until the fall to get into another race. We're considering the Urban Dare and/or the Expedition Everest Challenge.

1 comment:

sheep#100 said...

For the CotLin, how about a string bag? The linen component will keep the bag from stretching forever.

There's a nice knit pattern on My Best Friend's a Dork or I have a crochet pattern (have permission to share) I could email you. LMK.