Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sweetheart

I've given up on the Hemlock Ring - apparently it was too much for my attention span. I didn't even make it to the feather and fan section.

Instead, I've cast on a new project for the very same baby. I was innocently bopping around Ravelry when I happened upon Tora Froseth's Sweetheart pattern (and her other patterns which may also make their way into my queue).

Adorable!

I dug through my stash and selected my Fearless Fibers superwash merino sock yarn. It was hard to "part" with, but then I considered the bags of totally cute sock yarn to be knit that would still remain in the stash and decided to suck it up. Plus, this was a huge 550 yd hank and I think that I'll be able to knit this sweater and a pair of socks.

IMG_3868 IMG_3869

I cast on without really reading the directions and made it through a whole pattern repeat before realizing I was supposed to be knitting flat, not in the round. So I frogged. I cast on again and after 5 rows realized I was supposed to be using a smaller needle. So I frogged again.

Here I hit a problem, my smaller needles were both in use for the Boyfriend Jaywalkers. Solution: share.

IMG_3840

I managed to finally get things going correctly and finished two pattern repeats over the weekend. We were really busy, but stole away for a few hours and finished Season 1 of Dexter. We ended up renting the remainder of the season after the DVR decided it was more important to tape Little Bill last Sunday night. And once we watched one episode, we couldn't stop. :)

Cutie, heart-shaped stitchmarkers can be found at kpixie.

No comments: