Friday, January 01, 2010

365 days in the life of one blanket


Started Jan. 1, 2009

Knit in 3 countries and 2 states on Addi Turbo 16" circulars, size 2.

Includes yarns from socks I've knit, projects of dear friends and fellow knitters I'll probably never meet. And hand-dyed and handspun yarns.

This blanket has spawned, at last count, 6 or 7 other blankets.

It has been my constant companion in a year of a lot of change. It hold memories that I'll treasure for a very long time.

I plan to continue to add to it -- Lord knows I have the yarn. :)

More photos of the blankie adventure: http://www.flickr.com/photos/megaknits/sets/72157612411946506/

4 comments:

Emma said...

I love it! Every now and then I see one of its "spawns" come out on Tuesday night :)

Guinifer said...

It's just so fun to know you have parts of so many of my pairs of socks!

Anonymous said...

It came out nicely.

cmv said...

looks wonderful!
i love how you did the blocks of color in between!