Tuesday, July 01, 2008

good morning!

good morning!

Emily's "big" gift was her new big-girl bed. She's been sleeping in it for nighttimes and naps since we returned from the beach. Since she's still pretty little, we went with the IKEA extendable bed and currently have it on its smallest setting.

She is a very different girl than Alison. When Ali was moved to her big-girl bed (because I broke her crib) she thought that it was the whole world and wouldn't get out of bed unless she was sent a gold-embossed invitation with pearl inlays. It was an expensive time.

Eventually she would play near the edge of the bed, but for months she would patiently wait for you smack dab in the middle of the bed.

When I put Em to bed on Monday, she waited about 30 seconds, then came to talk to me in the living room. Luckily, she can't open her bedroom door, so if we just leave it shut she gets the idea. From what I can tell, she's not getting up to play and has grasped the concept. We crack the door later when we know she's out cold.

Click on the photo, there are notes. :)

1 comment:

Nic said...

Oh I wish for those days when I could starfish, but with 2 cats, dog and husband...