Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vamos a Tampa

IMG_4313

This past weekend the girls and I hopped on a train and headed to Tampa. We decided to take the train for several reasons.

1. The girls have never been on a train and liked the idea.
2. The travel time was only 1/2 an hour longer than driving.
3. All three of us could travel for just $36 round trip, that's like a 1/4 tank of gas in the gigantor SUV I drive and the trip would certainly take 1/2 a tank round trip.

IMG_4286
IMG_4288

The train was late so we ended up waiting an hour and half to leave. The girls decided to watch some Barbie as the Island Princess to pass the time.

While in Tampa we visited the Florida Aquarium and Lowry Park Zoo. We were hosted by my great friend Jany from college and had a great time.

My creation

1. Petting Stingrays, 2. Ali at the Big Tank, 3. Emily at the Big Tank, 4. Alison under the sea, 5. Ponies, 6. Popcorn is more interesting than giraffes, 7. Ali the bat, 8. Train ride home

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

3 comments:

Nic said...

I LOVE the train. I used to take it between LA and San Diego a lot... beautiful and relaxing. Unless the Marines from Camp Pendleton got on, then it was a lot of hey baby.

sheep#100 said...

Sounds wonderful!

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun trip! And eco-friendly tool... I'm so proud of you!