Saturday, January 17, 2009

40 blocks & a class

I've completed over 40 blocks of my Sock Yarn Blanket and still very much in love with it. I'm alternating solid and mis-matched rows and have just started the second solid row. These blocks aren't only finished being knit, but finished -- I wove in the ends. It was a lot of ends.

My creation

A few ladies on the Rav suggested keeping all the end scraps in something glass as decoration. I searched high and low, but came up empty with my existing vase supply, but I'm on the look out.

39.5 squares

Wednesday was my first knitting class and I think it was a success! I learned a lot about how things are going to have to progress, but feel confident that my little knitters are going to be great!

4 comments:

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Wow that's looking awesome..!!

Guinifer said...

Hey - I found another box of scraps - are you interested?

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

I like the stripes you're doing, very cool! : )

Unknown said...

This looks incredible!Alternating the rows will look really neat, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Have you bought any yarn this month?It sounds like lots of generous people have been sending you pretty yarn for your blanket, that makes it easier not to buy any!

The month is almost over!

xoxo
Emma