Friday, June 05, 2009

One more week of 20s

In seven days I will be 30 years old.  

Each time I try to sit down and reminisce about the last 10 years, I'm overwhelmed.  So many things that mattered to me 10 years ago are insignificant now.  Others are even more important.  I've changed a lot, but some things are still the same.

I feel good about turning 30.  

I have an amazing husband, two great girls, a family who loves and supports me, a purpose, a faith that becomes more unshakeable with each passing day, great friends (some of who are more than a decade old).

I pray that at 40, a lot of these statements will still be true. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As an almost constant observer and one who has known you since the beginning, I can say all of what you say is very humbly said. Dad and I are so proud of who you are and are becoming-fabulous wife that is so supportive, the COOLEST Mom, a soon to be missionary to Nicaragua and the list goes on. Dad and I love you very much and are looking forward to seeing what you experience in the next 10 years. Happy Birthday honey!

Nicole said...

Don't freak out... :) I did when I turned 30 but then a year later it's kind of like, whatever. I'm just as excited about my birthday this year as I ever was. :)