Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas Presents?!

I'm so behind the times, everyone else has posted thier presents and pictures of their tree and probably packed the whole shebang up already. Not me. Although I have packed it all away, which may be why I've been remiss in posting about my wonderful gifts.

This year we got the whole family to make a wist list. What a lifesaver! I knew exactly what everyone wanted (and where I could buy it) and everyone knew exactly what Wayne wanted (a good thing).

After Christmas I was able to delete 16 items from my wist that we received! 16!

My family rocks at following directions, I got lots of cycling clothes - including my greatly desired knickers, cute magnets, yarn, needles, needle holders, books, acid jacquard dyes, a swift and ball winder and a breadmaker.

After entertaining, visiting, wrapping, cleaning, opening and all sorts of other merriment, today I was able to take the swift and ball winder for a spin - and Alison helped too!


I now have a little cake of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Jeans colorway - another Christmas gift, from my Secret Pal. I'm going to knit up a pair of ribbed anklets for Aileen, which I hope will be finished by the end of January (or February if I go for the modified sock knitting goal).
And finally, my first FO of 2007, cast on and completed this year - Twiggy Tweed. Quick to knit, cute to wear and I dig the Plymouth Tweed. It's affordable and comes in some great colors.

No comments: