Monday, July 16, 2007

Wedding Bells

Saturday I went wedding dress shopping with my youngest sister Erin - it was a lot of fun and in the end we found the perfect dress for her. Unfortunately earlier that day she'd been to the doctor about an infected finger and he bandaged her up soundly - but everything got a very emphatic thumbs up or down. :)





The dress is a bit more revealing than one might want for a January wedding so there was a lot of talk about wraps and jackets and such. While the lady was trying to figure out if we could get the same style bridesmaid's bolero in white, I volunteered to just knit something. My offer was accepted!

We've decided that I'll make the famous Clapotis! I'm excited to jump on this long-gone bandwagon. I did a little research on Ravelry (there are 824 Clapotises, Clapotis', Clapotisi?? listed) to explore some yarn and size options. There are 3 yarns currently in the running: Tilli Tomas Disco Lights, SWTC Bamboo, ArtYarns Beaded Silk. But in two weeks NYGK is going on a yarn crawl and I may find something that I love even more (or hopefully get an awesome deal on one of these). :)

Must finish Sockapalooza 4 socks and hopefully (since I can't cast on until I purchase the yarn) finish my Wicked.

5 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Yarny goodness for a wedding - very cool.

Anonymous said...

i like the beaded silk a lot. the disco lights is gorgeous too! but i think the sequins might make dropping the stitches difficult. i did start one clapotis in 100% silk by tilli tomas and it was coming out gorgeous. too bad i had already bought all of the sparkly stuff.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me...wedding dress for ERIN?!?! MDT, I need details please. Did some lad bravely ask Papa Triller for the hand of his youngest?

And. January wedding? That is soon. How long have I not been in the know?

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

your yarn choices are gorgeous.. I think any one of them would be wonderful..
I don't think I can make the yarn crawl.. do to finances.. sure sounds fun though!!

Unknown said...

Yay a wedding!

Good luck on the clappy... I hope yours turns out better than mine..

I just stink at knitting lace so I know yours will look amazing!
~eve