Saturday, July 22, 2006

Knitting at a Playdate

I get a ton of knitting accomplished when Alison is being entertained by others. So on Friday, when we headed to the mall playground to see some new friends, I reached inch 4 of the body of my French Market Bag. I'm really enjoying working with the Cascade 220 I picked for this project, it's really smooth.

In other knitting news, Adrienne started a Knit-a-long for the Pinwheel sweater on Elann. When she first posted about it I looked up the pattern and loved it. I especially loved that the sizing was so flexible. But I have a lot of projects waiting to be knit, so I resisted. That is until she posted her yarn. It looked so lovely. I needed it. So I ordered all the yarn yesterday to make 2, one for Alison and one for Emily - and they'll match. :)

One of the great things about being born in July, especially early in July, is that you haven't missed much of the Tour de France. And what you did miss, your daddy can catch you up on. But only if you promise to watch intently until the 23rd.


Mid heel on my Summer Sock Party friend's sock. Here's my Perez Hilton-esque secretive photo.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi, I came across your blog through the Knitting Blog webring and saw that you were making a FMB! I have a KAL blog set up for this project and am starting on my second bag soon. This is such a great fun project - hope you are enjoying making yours! The KAL blog is FMB KAL