I put the large bag of yarn for the girls' Pinwheel Sweaters on my coffee table and let it encourage me to finish projects so I could get them on the needles. It taunted me all day and night on Friday, but it worked and I finished my Sock Party sock in the evening. I also jazzed up a pair of flip flops for a swap I'm in - just a little crochet and some fun fur. Woo hoo.
With projects finished, I tried to cast on to the DPNs for Pinwheel Sweater 1, but it was really late and I was pretty sleepy. I did it on Saturday morning instead. Thanks to Alison deciding to lollygag her way through cleaning her room - I got a lot of knitting done on Saturday. And even more on Sunday. I'm really impressed with how quickly I'm moving through this sweater.
I've already started working on the garter stitch rounds and only have one more color change to complete. Woo hoo. The provisional cast on for the armholes gave me a little trouble, the directions were vague and confusing for me. Thanks to the craftster.org KAL that Adrienne started I didn't need to drown in my frustration. I used the link Adrienne had provided and her pics from her blog to figure it out. Luckily all the little people were napping when I got to that point.
My progress has seemed slow today, the rounds have way more stitches than before and I have to purl ever other one (which I do slowly). I'm hoping to finish the body and start on the edging by tomorrow night when I hope to visit the Gurls Who Purl.