Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things I've Learned in Mexico

* Corn tortillas will taste good eventually if you don't have flour tortillas.
* 11 people can eat a lot of food.
* Scorpions are scary, even to Wayne.
* The rainy season is not just a cute way to describe a time of year.
* Emily can get out of a Pack n' Play.
* I'm a lot stronger than I thought.
* My Interpersonal Skills could use some work (we've been in an Interpersonal Skills workshop this week - super enlightening).
* My Spanish could use a lot of work.
* When you're cooking, learning, cleaning and living in community, there's not a lot of time to knit.

I apologize for the drive-by posting, but I'm pretty tired. I promise the next own will be better, maybe even with FOs. :)

I've had an excellent opportunity come up, you can read more about it here.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Does your host family knit at all? Or anyone in the community? Might be fun to have a knitting circle and practice your interpersonal/Mexican language skills.