Friday, August 04, 2006

It wasn't me, it was the one-armed man



Or sweater as it were. I'm currently on Day 6 of Emily's Pinwheel Sweater and I am down to the last sleeve. I had some trouble with picking up the sleeve and right now the 'contrasting color yarn' is still in place. I'm too nervous about it all falling apart 'cause I missed one stitch to take it out. Luckily, you can't really see it.


I've had Alison try the sweater on and I would recommend making it larger if you're making it for a toddler. She'll be 4 in Sept. and this is a somewhat-snug bolero on her. When I finish this up, I'm going to tally up how long it all took me (piece-by-piece).

I've added some progress bars to the site which will hopefully keep my honest about what is in progress and how that's going. Thanks to Lesley for posting instructions here.

And now that my Summer Sock Party sock is finished, it's time to look forward to new swaps. So I joined the KnitFlix swap - this is a totally me thing, movies, knitting, what could be better? Do you do your best knitting while watching a flick?? Maybe you should join too.

Back to the sleeves. :)

2 comments:

Emma said...

Wow, that looks so interesting! I love the colors too. I'll have to check back for the finished product.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

hahaha...I thought it was Dr. Richard Kimble... but what IS the name of the one arm man???...your sweater looks fabulous btw... u might be able to make a duplicate stitch over the missed stitch to fix it.. and hopefully it wont show..when i picked up for the sleeves i removed the contrasting yarn as i picked up the stitches..are u going to make the next sweater identical..