In February I'll be riding 25 miles in the Tour de Cure. This ride raises money for the American Diabetes Association which is dear to my very diabetic heart. Millions of people are affected by diabetes in the US, those with the disease and their families. A cure is not a distant hope anymore and I'm excited to do my heart to make it happen sooner.
Want to help out?? Click on the Tour de Cure button over there on the left and make a donation. For every $10 you donate, you'll get an entry in a raffle for a sock-knitting kit. The winner will receive a skein of Trekking XXL in colorway #134 plus a set of 5 size#2 double-pointed needles.
Today was a great mail day! I received my Summer Sock Party package!! It's great!!! My partner is great!!!! The sock she designed for me fits like a dream! And Cascade Fixation may be my new favorite sock yarn. All my little goodies are adorable too. Thanks secret friend!!
11. I am a member of the Spanish Honorary Society.
12. I’m secretly competitive.
13. I’ve been to every state on the Eastern seaboard.
14. I’ve traveled to Canada and Haiti.
15. My husband consistently kicks my ass at Scrabble and I’m a poor loser.
16. My first memory is of my Gram – I remember her reading to me and then I remember everyone leaving for her funeral.
17. I named my oldest daughter after my college roommate.
18. Wayne proposed to me at Indian River Lagoon after a kayaking trip.
19. I picked out my own engagement ring.
20. I love fireworks.