Friday, September 22, 2006

It's on

I stayed up late last night, after everyone had gone to sleep and snuck in a little extra knitting time. Just long enough to cast on my Bad Penny. Woo hoo! I thought I was never going to start this sweater. Mostly because my Christmas Gift-o-Rama - or the gift to give to many and random people - requires my 16" sz. 8 needles. I had to stop knitting those to start this. The addicition was hard to break.

To make it easier, I borrowed my Mom's 16" sz. 8s so I can relapse if necessary, but Wayne's sweater requires that same needle too, so I'll have to finish Penny quickly, or suffer some withdrawal for a while. I ordered the yarn for Wayne's sweater earlier this week. I'm knitting the Men's Raglan Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

I do not believe that this will take a minute. Nor my very last minute. But if I start it when the yarn arrives, I'll have all the minutes from now until Christmas to work on it.

I went with Handpainted Yarns handspun bulky in Black Forest. Lolly used this yarn when she made this sweater for her husband and it turned out very handsome, so hopefully I'll have the same amount of success. A word of caution to those of you considering ordering this yarn. It take 9-12 days to ship! So don't wait to the last minute, order early.
---

Distance: 10.5 miles
Average Speed: 11 mph
Duration: 55 minutes
Calories Burned: 539
Did I fall? Nope, not even close. :)

SUPPORT ME & win fabulous prizes.


---
71. I once slept almost the whole way from Orlando to Portland, Maine.
72. I failed my driving test the first time.
73. My dad took me to 7-11 for a Slurpee to make me feel better.
74. I love Splenda.
75. In high school, I taught 2nd graders Spanish as part of my Spanish 4 class, it was really rewarding.
76. My favorite poet is Wallace Stevens.
77. I won’t read the latest book in a series if the next book isn’t out yet. I’ll wait, so there’s always one more I could read.
78. I’ve read everything that Stephen King has published.
79. Even the stuff under his nom-de-plume, Richard Bachman.
80. I drive a Ford Expedition that guzzles gas.

No comments: