Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Elf-y!

I have been knitting, I just haven't had time until today to mention it. Behold, one "finished" hooded baby poncho for Emily.






I say "finished" instead of FINISHED! because there is a pocket that still needs to be affixed to the front. It's knitted, but I need to find my pins so that I don't wing it and have Em run around in wonky-pocket-poncho. You could also say that it needs more than a little blocking.
It's a size 18-months (she's 9 months today) so hopefully it will fit when the 80-90 degree weather lets up sometime next November.
The yarn I used was Paton's Soft Yarn in a nice spring green and it took just shy of 2 skeins. The intended yarn is Lion Brand CottonEase, but since it has been re-released, it hasn't made it to any of my craft stores. I also need to add snaps to make little "sleeves".
Although this poncho was started in March (and a lot of it was knit driving to and from Atlanta), I'm revealing it just in time to coincide with Project Spectrum's new color group: green, yellow, and pink. Hopefully my Janet Lace Shawl (featuring green and yellow) will be completed by the end of May. :)
Additionally, I have gone to the yarn store. Actually I have gone to both yarn stores near me in search of the yarn I needed and I found it. Three balls of Karabella Aurora 8 for Nick's birthday present: an R2D2 hat.

House-related update: Our buyers' financing fell through and now we're back to square one. Anyone want to buy a cute house in Orlando?? :)

1 comment:

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

OO Emily's poncho came out so cute..!!!.. and wow!! she is standing really well..(^_^)