Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Autumn is Here

The crisp air has been good for the Megaknits family. We've been getting out of the house, spending family time together and not watching as much TV.

Or knitting.

I'm a little bummed about the lack of knitting time, but I'll live.

We had a busy weekend, the highlight was a trip to the Orlando Science Center. It was really fun watching Alison explore. It brought back lots of great memories of visiting similar places with my sisters when we were young. Plus, we got some funny pictures.



I've been working at my Harvest Swap Sock and it's coming along nicely. Last night I threw caution to the wind and worked the chart during knitting. I was really impressed that I didn't make any mistakes - and I made it through a whole chart repeat! I'm starting the gusset today.



Amanda brought this little pixie baby hat that she had knit for a friend. We tried it on Emily and I almost died because it was so cute. I stalked Amanda down on craftster and found the pattern she used. I'm going to have to modify it to make it bigger, but I'm going to try to knit one up quick since it's getting so chilly here.

Also, Wayne's sweater is not doing much. I started the first sleeve, but haven't gotten very far. Adrienne made me feel a little better about the increases in the rib pattern last night, so maybe now I'll stop dragging my heels.



And in the wonderful mail today I got my baby sling from drewbabydesigns. It's gorgeous and Emily and I really like it. It's like she's always being cuddled. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little bird told me you should watch your mail closely for another package winging its way to you now. I promise you'll LOVE it a LOT! ;}

your sp9knitter secret pal