Thursday, October 05, 2006

...sniffle, sniffle...

There are times when you know you’re a Mom: sitting through a 2-hour ballet recital just to see your princess dance for 2.5 minutes, going to see every Disney movie the weekend it comes out even if it’s during naptime, and days your kids are sick.

A horrible cold has visited our home and laid out a full-on attack of anyone under 4’ tall. We’ve had days of runny noses, watery eyes, aspirators that make little girls scream, coughs, nebulizer treatments that no one wants to sit through . . . it’s starting to take it’s toll.

Only a Mom, when faced with a dripping kid (eyes, nose, mouth) will succumb to the request to sit in your lap. You’ll give up all hope of staying healthy (although so far I am) just to comfort them. You’ll sit through Barbie Fairytopia Mermaidia, not knitting to hold them. And when it’s over, you’ll sit through Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses, still not knitting because this the first time in 3 days that she hasn’t cried in over an hour.

I have gotten started on Wayne’s sweater though, in those moments when both chickies are sleeping and the house is quiet, except for stuffy nose snores. :)


---

In other knitting news, I’d cast on a worked a bunch of rounds on my magKNITficent ‘No Sugar Added’ socks with some ArtYarns Ultramerino that Nicole had given me for my birthday. I’m not in love with this yarn in conjunction with this pattern. It’s a verigated colorway and the verigation is too busy for the pattern. I think I’m going to scrap them and start over with a solid color – maybe my new Knitpicks Gloss from Harriet.

---

The first five people to respond to this post, will get some form of art, by me, about [or tailored to] them. I make no guarantees about quality or type, but I will assure that I will give it good effort and that the art will be individual to you.The only catch, of course; as with most memes, if you sign up, you have to put this in your own journal as well. Don't be afraid. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I stumbled upon your blog through a link on crafster.org! Just wanted to say keep up the great work!

Alison Waring said...

Two sick kids? Oh, oh geez I never thought about that before having another. What have I done? What have I done!?!