Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Friday



Somebody got her very own Auntie Beanie quilt today!! Woo hoo!

My sister, Aileen, is a very talented quilter. And when she's not conducting scientific research in the lab, she steals moments to make some good looking blankets. This is the third one our home has been blessed with: Alison has one on her wall from when she was born, Aileen made a t-shirt quilted playmat (made completely out of used t-shirts) for Ali when she was a baby, and now Emmy's blanket. I need to run to Target and get some wall clips so we can hang it.




More good news: both chickies are feeling better! They're not 100% yet, but no one is dripping and there are a lot more smiles.

---

sight
'Mystery Men' - thanks Harriet!
Barbie Fairytopia Mermaidia & Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses
lethargic Alison

smell
chili
grape cough medicine
lovely flowers from my husband

touch
crusty noses
KnitPicks gloss - soft!
wool for Wayne's sweater

sound
coughs
sniffles
finally today, laughter :)

taste
diet dr. pepper
orbit gum - Wayne's got me addicted
brownies mixed in with ice cream

---

I'm up to 6 inches of Wayne's sweater done. And all with one ball of yarn - I'm getting the impression that for once, instead of too little, I've ordered way too much yarn. Maybe I'll make a matching hat.

This morning I recast-on my magKNITficent 'No Sugar Added' sock. The twisty rib pattern is much more noticeable in the solid-colored yarn. I'll post pics of it soon.

And I ordered the needles and finalized the pattern I need for my Harvest Sock swap sock. That's 2/3 of a knitting post dedicated to socks! Viva la Socktoberfest!

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Glad your girls are feeling better. : )