Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

Hello Secret Pal! Here's some info to help you know what to get me. I hope it helps! :)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I LOVE NORO Kureyon!!! I also love ArtYarns Supermerino and Cherry Tree Hill Supersock - okay, all sock yarn except for Regia (it always has those black spots). Love brightly colored Cascade 220 and Sugar/Peaches n' Cream cotton.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?


I've got 2 straight needlecases, 1 for long needles, 1 for short. A circular needlecase. And a bag that I keep my DPNs and crochet hooks in <-- this could stand to be replaced with something better.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?


I've been knitting for roughly 3 years. I learned from a Martha Stewart Living article. I'd say I'm intermediate. I've tried most everything, but haven't mastered it all.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?


I have a wist. You can visit it here.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love clean citrus scents, vanilla and clean linen. I wear Clinique Happy.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yep, but I have to keep in it check. I indulge on Milky Ways. Oh, and Orbit light green (I think it's spearmint) gum.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?


I can sew a little. I make hand-stamped cards. I can drop-spindle spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)


I like alternative-y stuff and 80s music. Some favs include: the Killers, Lily Allen, Fergie, Amy Mann...

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?


I love blues and greens. Also pink. I do not enjoy yellows or oranges or really warm browns.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?


I like them, they are: husband, Wayne; 4-year-old, Alison; 8-month-old, Emily; 4-year-old dog, Brewski.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?


At this time, no, but I'm moving to Georgia where I hear it is colder in which case I'd wear hats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?


I like to knit socks. I like to knit hats. I like to knit dishclothes. And the occasional cute girl sweater/top.

13. What are you knitting right now?


A shawl, some socks, a sushi wallet.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?


I do.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?


I usually use circulars, and I love metal Addi Turbos.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?


I own both! Thanks Wayne!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?


2-3 months old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?


Christmas, followed by my birthday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?


Nope.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?


I'd love a subscription to Interweave Knits new magazine, Knitscene.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?


Magic Loop looks interesting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I have to check, I'll edit this.

23. When is your birthday?

June 12th - how exciting that it's during SP10!!!

---

Also, while some things have change, you can view my SP9 questionnaire here.

No comments: