Saturday, June 10, 2006

5 Senses . . . Saturday!

sight
the Atlantic ocean
attack squirrels
Over the Hedge

smell
suntan lotion
saltwater air
raspberry chapstick

touch
new yarn
sand in my toes
Alison nuzzles

sound
waves crashing
Alison giggling
good news from Mom

taste
delicious (and easy) tilapia
moe's
lemonade

----

This morning I attended the Orlando World Wide Knit in Public event that I had organized. It was a lot of fun. We met two brand new knitters who were really nice, got to visit with Terry shortly and had a bit of an impromtu NYGK meeting. The weather was warm, but not oppressive which is nice when you're almost 9 months pregnant and sitting outside.

My additional yarn for Ali's Short Snort arrived and I've started finishing up the back - but after having her try it on, it's too big. Not too big like it'll never fit, but she'll have to grow to fit into it. I'm going to finish it up, but not attach the straps so that when she is big enough it'll be perfect. In the meantime, I'm going to make the next one (with the Rose Garden colorway) a lot smaller.

At the event of the AM, I cast on for Ali's Girlfriend shrug and made it through the first 1.5" of 1x1 ribbing - I hate ribbing.

No comments: