Thursday, May 03, 2007

Genius Walking . . .

I am crazy brilliant! Inspired by Lesley's bravado on the subject at NYGK the other night and overwhelmed by the amount of things I've committed to knit, this morning I taught myself to knit 2 socks at the same time! That's right readers, no more Second Sock Syndrome. Woo hoo!


I'm anxious to see how the heel is going to go, but for now, bliss!
---

My sweet Emily has been rocking an icky cold all week - and I've experienced my first case of eye boogers as a Mom. Eeww. Anyway, she's happiest in a warm bath and is averaging about 2 a day since we just want to see her smile. Yesterday I took nakey baby pics. :)


I thought some fresh air may be just what the doctor ordered, and yesterday was the first relatively smoke-free* day we've had in a while, so we headed to Crane's Roost Park and enjoyed the beautiful day**. Alison took the opportunity to take some pictures of Spring.


And the knitting couldn't help but join in. Do you see that GoKnit pouch?? It's from my Secret Pal, I think I glossed over it in my thank you post. I love it! The first day I had it I was going to use it while at the Fair, well I got there and went to loop it onto my belt and, oops no belt loops. Since then it's spent quite a bit of time looped to the stroller. :)

Speaking on gifts, my great friend Carlin, a newish knitter, sent me my late-Christmas present. Vogue's Stitchionary 3!!! There are lots of great color motifs in here. As a flipped through it I was amazed how many times I thought to myself, I could put that on a sock. We'll see.


*The whole state of Georgia is on fire, I'm sure you've seen this on the news, all their smoke is blowing through Central Florida.
**It's nice out, but also in the very high 80s most days. Hot!

1 comment:

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Yay on the 2s2c... If you do traditional heel-flap/gusset, you can still knit most of it at the same time. I find the turning is easier if you do one at a time. No big deal. Hope Emily feels better soon.