Monday, May 14, 2007

Woo hoo!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all those Mommys out there in blogland. Mine was spectacular! Even though Wayne didn't get home from working until 2AM on Saturday night, he got up and he and Alison made me chocolate chip pancakes. What was even better is that they did it quietly ("With whispers Mommy") and I was actually suprised when they came in to wake me. :)

Since I'd already ordered myself a gift I didn't expect Wayne to announce I could have whatever I wanted when we stopped at the mall after a lovely lunch. I thought shoes. But not Blahniks or Choos, Crocs. I've been coveting the cutie-Mary Jane style ones for a while, but haven't been able to spend the $35 on myself. After a quick trip to Journeys, where I was almost dissuaded by some Keds, I had happy, happy feet.


We spent the evening at my parent's where with just a little bit of side dish help from me, my younger sister served an amazing Mom-loving dinner. The husbands helped out too, but Wayne was concentrating on being super-Dad and didn't pitch in as much with the dishes.

And on Monday when we got home from dance class, I had MAIL!! Check out this tower of packages.



On the top is the rest of Nicole's birthday present ordered all the way from Alaska on etsy. It's a surprise so I can't give any more details this minute.

The middle is my Mother's Day gift to me! My Peace Fleece and ZephyrStyle Wicked pattern from kpixie!!!

Love!!!

Hopefully today I will be doing some swatching. O yes, there will be swatching for this project, it is going to be perfect.



The last box is the Sisterhood of the Travelling Stash box #2!!! I can't even explain how amazing it was to unload this box. Emily and I got straight to work - we covered my entire king-sized bed with yarn!! Then Emily had some other ideas for the box while I caressed and snuggled it all. It was hard to make decisions, but I only have a week to get it in the mail, so I'm trying to give myself a lot of time to make it to the post office.



And lastly, the knitting has been slow, but consistent. I started a Water Bottle Sling from Amy Singer's Knit Whit. It's essentially a sock, but with no heel. It will probably take a while, we all know how slow I am at socks. And a few more rounds have made their way onto my Janet Lace Shawl. My concentration has been low lately and I don't want mess it up so I don't knit on it everyday.



Okay, actually lastly, Heroes was awesome last night! Does anyone know of any Heroes-themed crafts that are fairly reproducible and not too time consuming???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously!??? I was going to order that pattern + yarn for your final SP package!!! I was debating on whether or not you'd like it, but I'm just gearing up to start it myself so I thought it would be a fun one to send you!!!! Heh. Well, great minds think alike - I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day Megan!

Your SP

Nicole said...

Wow, sounds like a great mother's day... the travelling stash box sounds interesting. What are the rules?

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

glad u had a wonderful mothers day!!
thats a whole lot of mail that received..and all that yarn!!.
btw emily is looking adorable and your shawl gorgeous.. I hope to make the next meeting and see it in person
(^_^)