Thursday, June 05, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

  1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?

I'm totally into Socks that Rock right now -even the crazy color combos. I love the smooshy-ness of it. I'm also a big fan of White Oaks Studio. I also love Noro - Noro everything.
  1. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a bajillion needle holding contraptions - I need no more.
  1. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting almost 5 years seriously. I learned from my Mom and then after a hiatus re-taught myself out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine. I'd consider myself an intermediate/advanced knitter.
  1. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

My wist.
  1. What’s your favorite scent?

I love clean citrus scents, vanilla and clean linen. I wear Clinique Happy.
  1. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Junior Mints. Reese's Pieces.
  1. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I can sew a little. I make hand-stamped cards. I can drop-spindle spin.
  1. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like alternative-y stuff and 80s music. Some favs include: the Killers, Fergie, David Crowder, Delirious?...
  1. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?

I love blues and greens. Also pink. I do not enjoy yellows or oranges or really warm browns.
  1. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I like them, they are: husband, Wayne; 5-year-old, Alison; 23-month-old, Emily; 5-year-old dog, Brewski.
  1. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Nope, I live in Florida. :)
  1. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to knit socks. I like to knit hats. I like to knit dishclothes. And the occasional cute girl sweater/top.
  1. What are you knitting right now?

A Chevron Scarf, some Ampersand socks . . .
  1. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I do!
  1. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I'm a big fan of Addi Turbos and really prefer circulars whenever possible.
  1. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I own both - thanks Wayne!
  1. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmm...I have a sweater I need to frog that's been around for almost 9 months.
  1. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, followed by my birthday.
  1. Is there anything that you collect?

Nope.
  1. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Not that I can think of. I don't currently subscribe to any knitting mags.
  1. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?

Cabling without a cable needle.
  1. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Foot length - 9.5", Around at ball - 7.5"
  1. When is your birthday?

June 12th!
  1. What’s your Ravelry ID?

megaknits

No comments: