Friday, November 17, 2006

Grab Bag

I totally flaked on my 'Thursdays are for Recipes' thing, so here's one just a little late.

Green Beans with Garlic

INGREDIENTS

1 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 14 0z can of chicken broth
1/2 tsp. sugar
1.5 lbs. fresh grean beans cut into bite-size pieces

DIRECTIONS

In saucepan place olive oil and butter over mediumheat; add garlic and onion. Cook and stir constantly until tender, about 3 minutes.

Add chicken broth, sugar and pepper to taste. Bring to boiling; add green beans. Return to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or to desired tenderness.

Serve hot.

---

In reponse to the copious comments on that last post - Thanks! I've been laughing all morning at each respondents take on the whole shebang. Maggie did her homework. My secret pal shared my Mommy-ness. And Anne-Marie couldn't help but notice that I live 'at Disney World' - I remark back that there is a marked difference in carnival money and the amount of money you spend with the Mouse. :)

---

Also today I received an order I'd placed from RubySapphire yarns today and it is gorgeous! I can't show you what I ordered 'cause sadly, none of it's for me and I don't want to ruin any surprises. But what I can show you are the cutie extras they sent along:



Little marble magnets, mini Tootsie Pops and the cutest keychain EVER! It's a miniature hank of hand-dyed yarn. And it's SOFT! My keys are very happy. :)

---

I may post again later as I have high, high hopes of having a finished sweater to show you. Disclaimer: I often have high hopes that don't turn out, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it if it doesn't happen.

No comments: