Friday, May 12, 2006

5 Senses Friday & Much, much more...

sight
an almost finished baby room
aeon flux
little flower buds on my tomato plant


smell
baby powder
salsa
smoke from the never-ending burning of this state

touch
hugs from great friends
heartburn
Alison's hiccuping belly

sound
great 80s tunes
Jany and Ali banter
laughter at my baby shower

taste
lots of cake
french onion dip a la Mom
water, water, water



Alison's pink and purple socks are growing quickly - I'm just about to finish the heel on the first one. And suprisingly enough, my attempts at dyeing self-striping yarn are producing stripes. Big wide ones that we love.


I went to store #3 in search of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in White and was once again faced with defeat. So I bought some Jiffy instead. Its fuzzy and acrylic, but the same weight and I'm hoping it won't stick out like a sore thumb, but I'm out of stores and need to finish this blanket. Notice the ethereal ball of Jiffy next to the not-so-fuzzy Wool-Ease square.



And lastly, remember my brilliant 'middling' idea?? I started piecing together some parts of the blanket and it's not as bad as I had feared. A good episode of Survivor and I've got 8 squares attached to each other. Watch The Office with Wayne and there are 6 more done. So slowly it's coming along.

No comments: