Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm a Barbie Girl

. . . who can knit up Barbie clothes. Lion Brand came out with this whole line of patterns called 'Chicks with Sticks' that is full of Barbie clothes and knitting/crocheting accessories. You can make a variety of tops and then fill Barbie's basket with mini-skeins of yarn, catalogs, knitting needles and crochet hooks.

My Barbie attended SnB with me last night and had a lovely time. :)


Last night I also received an amazing gift from Secretary Eve. While she was in Tenn. she met with a friend of the family who makes hand-crafted rubber stamps and had some NYGK logo stamps made up. It's absolutely divine and the detail is incredible. Here it is in action:

After all the things I finished this last week were finished, I wasn't really sure what to do next. I reached into my very organized knitting basket and the first thing I grabbed was my Tasha bag project. I considered finding a sock pattern for the Tahki Cotton Classic that I am supposed to use for it and after fruitlessly searching for about 1/2 and hour I decided maybe I should just knit the bag.

So far I've finished the bottom in monotonous 2x2 rib (actually that was finished during my disgraceful Knitting Olympics) and one side in monotonous St st. Today I may start the cabling which makes up every other piece of the bag -- but first I need to figure out how to purl into the back loop.

No comments: